Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Week 12 and Tequila

I'm moving past the Joe Paterno/ Jerry Sandusky scandal.

Not to belittle it, but it's just too disgusting and depressing to talk about.

So it's on to week 12 and tequila.

Brandon Weeden and my boys down at #2 Oklahoma State are finally being taken seriously. Everyone has known that their offense is high-powered, but Weeden is steadily moving up voters' Heisman lists. It's about time. The Cowboys play friday night at Iowa State. The week after that is the big rivalry game between them and #5 Oklahoma University. I wish it was next week so we could talk about that game. *sigh*

Anyway, theres a big Big 10 matchup between # 16 Nebraska and # 18 Michgan. I'm happy that Nebraska pulled out a win against Penn State last week, but we're not talking about them anymore. Nebraska is a formidable team but they've seemed to shy away in the big games when it matters most. They're not really finishers. Which is why I'm picking the Maize and Blue in this one. Playing at Michigan, The Big House, in front of over 100,000 wolverine fans, I've got to go with Michigan who has played with conviction this year. Coach Brady Hoke respectably turned around a reeling program and is bringing them back into the national spotlight. I'm okay with their two losses. It's his inaugural season after all. Have to expect a few bumps and bruises along the way. But they're going to want to make a big "We've arrived" statement and they can do it this weekend.

For my upset alert, I'm taking Virginia over #25 Florida State in Tallahassee. Virginia has been a ball-busting team this year, upsetting Georgia Tech, Miami, and Maryland and I don't see them letting the Seminoles getting the better of them in this one. This is a classic trap game for FSU. Watch yourselves.

Tequila

I'm not a big tequila person. But I figure the alliteration of week twelve and tequila kind of warrants me to give it a shot. My budget is only going to allow me to buy something cheap (like that post when I bough Kappy's brand whiskey). But my parents are away so I might sneak into their liquor cabinet and take a shot or two (10) of their Patron. Don't tell anyone!

7 comments:

  1. parents booze is the best! it sucked going from drinking nothing but jack and goose in high school to admiral nelson and burnetts in college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the rents lock the liquor cabinet, try buying Sauza Tequila. It's cheap, yet delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tequila makes a man do strange things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never enjoyed Tequila until I went down to Mexico for my cousin's wedding. Needless to say my opinion quickly changed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tough loss for OK State last night against Iowa State. Finally getting to a good positing and began to receive respect from many of the BCS voters and there chance at a BCS bowl game is out the window in the blink of an eye. On another note, tequila is gross.

    ReplyDelete