Sunday, November 20, 2011

More Upsets and a Hangover Cure

#2 Oklahoma State was upset by Iowa State on Friday night.

This gave me plenty of reason to start slugging that tequila I was talking about during the week.

There goes Brandon Weeden's Heisman campaign. Poor kid doesn't have a shot now. It's Andrew Luck's show. Even with a Stanford loss to Oregon last week, it's his trophy to lose.

Speaking of Oregon, after an early-season loss to #1 LSU, they clawed their way back up to the top 5 only to be upset by USC last night. Another week of upsets. Crazy. I love this game.

So what does this mean? First thing it means is that I'm a genius because I went 2 for 2 with my upset picks. No big deal. Don't worry 'bout it. Secondly, it means the BCS is in complete disarray and we'll likely see a rematch between #3 Alabama (soon to be #2) and #1 LSU in the national championship. So, #2 Oklahoma state lost, #4 Oregon lost, and #5 Oklahoma lost. That puts #6 Arkansas in the likely #3 slot which is huge because they play LSU next week. *upset alert*. #7 Clemson lost, sadly. They were the little team that could. So that lets #8 Virgina Tech move up to the possible #4 slot, unless they get leapfrogged by #9 Stanford after VaTech's non-convincing win over UNC last night. Stanford would make for better competition and drama, having a better team than VaTech and the Heisman frontrunner.

Bottom Line. The BCS rankings are shaken up again. For better or for worse.

Tequila. Ughh. Why do I put myself through these things? Everyone has their own idea of the perfect hangover cure; I've heard Big Mac's work, putting butter in coffee, and of course, eating as much greasy food as you can. But mine is simple. Orange Juice. I don't know what it is about this elixer of the God's but it is the only reason I can stand to blog right now. Cheers.

Stay Tuned for my analysis for next weeks matchups.

No comments:

Post a Comment