Monday, November 7, 2011

We Still Cool, Though....

Ok, so Alabama lost to LSU.

We still cool, though.

LSU has proven to me that they're a top contender team. But I'm sorry, I'm still not sold. They got lucky over Alabama. Lucky. And while luck goes a long way in this game, I still think Bama would win in a rematch. I'll tell you why.

Alabama missed 4 field goals. 4!!! It's got to suck to be the kicker. My sympathies bro. There's not a single person in the great state of Alabama that has positive feelings towards that guy. But I digress. Alabama was in scoring range 4 times and they got unlucky. That's at least 12 points. 28 if they went four touchdowns and kicked the extra point. Did the Tide get unlucky. Yes. I'd still take them over LSU any day.

With the beauty of the BCS system, this might actually happen. 'Bama fell 1 lousy spot from #2 to #3. And as much as I have a terribly inappropriate crush on the #2 Oklahoma State Cowboys, Brandon Weeden specifically, I'm not sure they'll hold up well against in-state rival Oklahoma. In fact, even if they win, they might drop in the standings below 'Bama if their win isn't convincing enough. Those BCS voters are a fickle folk.

BUT...

If OSU loses, 'Bama could get jumped by Stanford and Boise State. This scenario is unlikely seeing as how 'Bama's schedule is tougher than those two teams combined, but a college football fan and BCS anarchist can dream.

Here's my point. I am still convinced that Alabama is the best team in the country. LSU, as I've stated many a time before, has great athletes but they're raw. I don't really know what will convince me otherwise.

Probably if they meet Alabama in the National Championship and beat them a second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment