Friday, October 21, 2011

Week 8 Upset Alert and... What Do You Think I Should Drink?

There are a lot of great games tomorrow.

#20 Auburn's playing at #1 LSU, #9 Arkansas' playing at Ole Miss, #4 Oklahoma State.'s playing at Missouri, and #6 Wisconsin's playing at # 16 Michigan State.

The two marquee matchups are between Auburn and LSU, and Wisconsin and Michigan state. If this were week 2 or 3, I would put both LSU and Michigan State on upset alert.

But I just don't see it this week. While Auburn has already upset a couple of teams thus far, they're playing too inconsistently to be considered the David to LSU's Goliath. Plus, they're playing in Baton Rouge, so it seems like a hopeless contest for the Tigers of Auburn.

Though Wisconsin is traveling to East Lansing to take on the Spartans, I don't see them pulling out an upset win over the Badgers. Wisconsin is too good. Top to bottom. From brick wall-like offensive line to Heisman hopeful QB, the Badgers are too dominant to be tripped up by a team that lost to Notre Dame. Even with last weeks convincing fourth-in-a-row victory over instate rival Michigan, MSU doesn't have the horses to keep up with Wisconsin. Even though I'm for the Spartans on this one.
Northwestern QB Dan Persa 
(don't mind the cheesy Eminem background music)


The upset I am foreseeing, though, is a game a lot less touted. #21 is traveling to Evanston, IL to take on the Wildcats of Northwestern. And they're going to lose. Despite being 6th in the nation in points against defense, Penn State is going up against a fierce competitor in Northwestern QB Dan Persa, and an able coach in Pat Fitzgerald. Northwestern is 0-3 in conference play and riding a 4-game losing streak. But I have complete faith in Persa. This guy is tough. TOUGH. He can take his team on his shoulders and let them ride him to a ardent victory. I love his style of play, instilled in him no doubt by Fitzgerald. Look for Northwestern to snap their losing streak and chalk up their first Big 10 victory of the year over the Penn State Nittany Lions.

Now for the booze. I have to drink while watching college football. If I didn't, it'd be like burning the American flag. It's just not patriotic. So this week, I'm opening up my palette to you eager readers. What do you suggest for drinking this weekend? Anything from shots to, mixed drinks, to beers, to wines, to anything you can think of that's original and delicious. Post your suggestions in the comment box and I'll review the one that sounds most appealing.

Happy drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment