Sunday, October 23, 2011

Upset Central

I try not to swear in my blogs.

But FUCK ME.

In my last post, I basically said "oh yeah, this week is going to be a bit of a snooze, don't bother looking for any upsets."

But just about everyone was upset yesterday. And the team I picked to upset, didn't.

I should be pissed. I look like an idiot all over the internet, eating my words the way I usually drink anything alcohol. But I'm not. I love this shit. This is what college football is all about. This is what makes it fun.

Here's the rundown. Syracuse upset #15 West Virginia, Texas Tech upset # 3Oklahoma, #16 Michigan State upset #6 Wisconsin, Miami (Florida) upset #22 Georgia Tech, and Purdue upset #23 Illinois.

This is truly a week to remember. Oklahoma was thought to be invincible. Michigan State pulled off one of the greatest upset OF ALL TIME, on one of the most exciting plays EVER. Wisconsin rallied behind stud QB Russell Wilson but couldn't quite hold on. This is Doug Flutie-esque. Beautiful. A work of art. Watch it right here...



If you heard me last night, you'd think I was an eight year old girl squealing over a new Barbie.

What's going to be most interesting is seeing the BCS standings tomorrow after this monumental shake-up. Stanford and Boise State are probably going to benefit the most from this. Both teams will shoot up the ladder. Novembers game of #1 LSU and #2 Alabama is going to have ridiculous implications for these two BCS little guys. I can't wait. WOOO.

Somebody get me beer!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for enthusiasm, it really comes across in this post. I like the style of your writing.

    P.S. I never squealed over a Barbie-ever.

    ReplyDelete